Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint
Access Sciences Pertempo™ for SharePoint solution focuses on the basics: a requirements-based design and information architecture that models your business processes and uses your organization’s terminology. We start by involving your stakeholders in the requirements development and design process, so that there are no surprises. The result is a solution that is fit-for-purpose for your organization.
Access Sciences does not sell a SharePoint application. Our Pertempo™ for SharePoint solution is based on native SharePoint features and functions and rarely requires any additional code (and it those rare cases, very little code). This results in a sustainable solution that doesn’t require costly software purchases, ongoing maintenance costs, and one that doesn’t break any time SharePoint is upgraded.
What is the best option for your organization – SharePoint Online, SharePoint on-prem, or a hybrid solution?
Access Sciences analyzes the organization requirement and provide the SharePoint implementation model that suits the organization business needs. Factors to be considered while deciding SharePoint Deployment
- Cost Involved – with the server, storage, licensing, maintenance etc.
- Product Feature – provided by product.
- Compliance Standards – that are supported by the product.
- Infrastructure deployment and maintenance – needed by the SharePoint Farm.
- Customization options – to meet requirements when there is no OOTB option.
- Storage needs – for a required workload.
- Business continuity – to ensure no critical business disruptions.
- Information security – needed to make the information or content secure.
- Size of the organization – in terms of number of users, departments, locations, etc.
Access Sciences recommends that every organization invests in good BI strategy and systems. Here are some of the main reasons for investing in a BI solution
- Gain Insights into Organization Behavior
- To Improve Visibility of your data
- To Turn Data into Actionable Information
- To Improve Efficiency
- To Gain Competitive Intelligence
We are often brought in to “fix” a SharePoint implementation that isn’t meeting the organization’s or user’s needs. Invariably, this is the result of the lack of a requirements-based design and information architecture. Without some control at the outset, site “sprawl” and unfindable content is the result. We’ve learned that governance can be right-sized and only as rigorous as needed. One size does not fit all.
The effort, and cost, to retrofit a poorly executed SharePoint implementation is typically much higher than to recreate the implementation based on a requirements-based design and information architecture and then migrate existing content to the new implementation.
No, the underlying principles of a requirements-based design and information architecture are applicable to any content management platform.