Change in an organization disrupts the way people work. Change management is needed anywhere where there is a gap between old behavior including:
- Standing up new technology, tools, or software
- Implementing new processes and procedures
- Leading culture change within your organization
- Company reorganizations like mergers, acquisition and divestitures
When you attempt to roll out a project, you will encounter as many responses as there are affected individuals. You’ll need to use a complete toolbox of change strategies including:
- Change readiness – Understanding an organization’s capacity for change, highlighting specific areas of risk or resistance, and plan a strategy to deal with it.
- Stakeholder management – Building a coalition for change among your leaders and stakeholders and leveraging their influence.
- Communication – Building awareness of and desire for change in your organization with targeted specific audiences.
- Training – Providing people with the knowledge and ability to act on the change
- Reinforcement – Turning your project or initiative into a sustainable and lasting change.