- You are here: Home > Access Sciences to Present at Data Governance & Information Quality Conference in San Diego
You are here
Access Sciences to Present at Data Governance & Information Quality Conference in San Diego
Mike Grosvenor, Technology Manager at Access Sciences, is slated to present at the Data Governance & Information Quality (DGIQ) Conference in San Diego. The world's largest event dedicated entirely to data governance and information quality will be held at the lovely Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa in San Diego, California, June 8-12, 2015.
Mike will deliver his session "The Role of the Data Steward in Managing Unstructured Data, No Matter How Big It Is" on Monday, June 8 from 5-5:50pm as part of the pre-conference tutorials.
From the session abstract:
Big Data can be described as a significant increase in whichever type of information your organization is least comfortable managing. If that is unstructured content, then the volume of data will influence the selection of technology to classify, store and analyze it. Data Stewards balance the different systems, groups and activities they support in accordance with governance standards by shaping the way metadata is valued and developed in their organization. This focus on business value is a key success factor in Big Data initiatives and justifies involvement of a Data Steward.
- Data Stewards have experience identifying challenges in establishing common data management approaches across systems.
- Big Data requires an understanding of business problems and targeted application of technology.
- Agile development practices are common in Big Data projects and invite Data Steward involvement to help teams respond to opportunities for innovation.
- The selection of tools for Big Data challenges should fit the organizations priorities to minimize impact of the learning curve.
This session is targeted for an intermediate level audience. The full slate of speakers and session details can be reviewed on the conference agenda.
For more information on the DGIQ Conference, visit the event website.